Our vision is to create a new garden community approximately 8,000 new homes, together with all the services, facilities and infrastructure that the community will need to thrive.
As the site lies close to the M23, the new community would include a new east-west link road between the M23 and A23. This would provide easy access to the new homes, and provide a more direct route from Gatwick Airport to East Surrey Hospital.
The aerodrome is also located in close proximity to rail links, and is well-placed to take advantage of local bus services and cycle routes between Gatwick, East Surrey Hospital, Reigate, Redhill and Crawley.
We expect that the development would also deliver:
- Approximately 8,000 new homes, of a mix of types and tenures
- Employment and retail space, including shops, supermarkets, restaurants
- New primary schools and an “all-through” combined primary and secondary school to serve the new homes
- A new east-west link road from the M23 to the A23
- A District & Centre transport hub, with connections to local public transport
- Wildlife corridors integrated with public open spaces
- Sport and recreation facilities
- Sustainable drainage systems
- An expansion of East Surrey Hospital
- Approximately 3,800 jobs on and off-site
We have held discussions with Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance, and our proposals would mean that the Air Ambulance base remains permanently within the vicinity.