As the site lies close to the M23, the new community would include a new east-west link road between the M23 and A23. This would provide easy access to the new homes, and provide a more direct route from Gatwick Airport to East Surrey Hospital.
The aerodrome is also located in close proximity to rail links, and is well-placed to take advantage of local bus services and cycle routes.
We expect that the development would deliver:
- Up to 4,500 new homes, of a mix of types and tenures
- Employment and retail space
- New primary schools to serve the new homes
- A new secondary school
- A new east-west link road from the M23 to the A23
- Connections to public transport
- Wildlife corridors integrated with public open spaces
- Sport and recreation facilities
- Sustainable drainage systems
We have held discussions with Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance, and our proposals would ensure the air ambulance remains in the local area.